Vopak

Vopak Employee Reviews

It is a good place to work. And you can expect a good balance between work and life. However, it seems some during some time the process is kind of slow, and you can not make progress fast.

Muy divertido

fue muy dinamico el trabajo. se trabaaja con medidas de seguridad

Diberikan pelatihan/training agar karyawan lebih menguasai pekerjaannya.

Awal bergabung dengan VTJ sy sebagai Team Leader Operation, dgn Job Desk: Loading Unloading Gasoil & Gasoil in Jetty area & terminal, Tank Transfer, Jetty Activities, check & control road Tangker, DCS Operation, Driver Safety Induction, etc

Pros

Disediakan makan siang di kantin, overtime, Training, jenjang karier.Allowance, etc

Certainly not a Tier 1 company. Old school thinking and operation poor leadership.

They sell a good story on growth and opportunities however the reality is very different - - People are nice.- Leadership culture is poor.- Bias and opiniated leadership culture.- General competency of leadership is lacking.- Certain positions are only for the Dutch.- Inconsistent application of policies and procedures and poor governance.- Some positions are appointed and some positions advertised.- Heavy work load due to inadequate resources. Work life balance is a concern.- Workforce is not positively engaged.- Don't believe they do/ or will attract talent based on salary and general work conditions.- Employee Turnover is high to very high for a high risk operation.

Pros

Lots of opportunities in closing gaps and doing work.

Cons

Long Hours, poor leadership culture, systems are dated and cumbersome to work with, lack of resources and talent

buen ambiente

se realizan lista de pendientes . antes de inicio de jornadase verifican condiciones de seguridad en la continuidad de la construcciónde la obra. se verifican analisis de seguridad de la obra para su liberaciónse verifican documentación para ingreso de personal y maquinaria en el proyecto

Pros

imss

Cons

me lo reservo

Full Electrical and instrument installation

- We worked 11 Hours a day. Monday to Friday, and 8Hours in Saturdays -My potential skill under supervision and management was well advanced since the were lot of challenges. - My Electrical Skill and Mechanical was highly boosted

Leuke collega's

Het leukste van de job was de afwisseling alsook het contact met de chauffeurs. Het was een aangename werkomgeving.

Met alle plezier gewerkt

Als uitzendkracht binnengehaald en het was echt heel gezellig. Mensen denken graag met je mee. Super collega's. Ik voelde mij helemaal thuis.

Very stressy environment.

Very stressy environment and inadequate teamleader for CS and Traffic. Not enough training, bad mouthing colleagues and a lot of asslicking. I tried to do it correctly, but got a burn out.

Pros

Well paid

Cons

4 different shifts

Good company but there is room for improvement

In general Vopak is a good company, diversity is valued and there are opportunities for advancement for people. The hiring process was fast.However,I had a poor experience with the procurment role in Canada because there is a huge lack of support and organisation in that function.

A great company where teamwork is a must.

Great Company. Would go back tomorrow if I could. Well controlled management, friendly staff, very strict about safety. Working for a company that is over 400 years old is an honour.

Productive and great place to work

A typical day at work was going in at 0800 and not knowing what time you would get off. Hardest part is not being able to make plans with family. The most enjoyable part was the people i worked with.

Super bedrijf

1 bedrijf waar je mee blij bent om voor te werken,je kan veel bereiken bij dit bedrijf ,want je krijgt de mogelijkheid om jezelf op te werken en te ontplooien .TOP BEDRIJF

Basic job, better than some, worst than others.

Pros: Pay scale is good. Plenty of work to keep busy with. Cons: Poor management that doesn't care for the employees, new managers every few years. Constantly short staffed with a high turn over rate.

Excelente ambiente laboral.

Organizacion impecable, mucha interaccion en la parte gerencial y la parte operativa, entrenamientos constantes,aprendizaje diario,cultura laboral de la mas alta calidad. Me encantaria tener la oportunidad d volver a laborar alli.

Pros

todos los beneficios.

Good company to work for and the people are very friendly

The company is very good to work for, the people are very friendly they make it easy for one to work well with less incidents. They prioritize on the safety of workers

Great company to work for in the US

Great company to work for in the US, open culture, flat organization and work-life balance. Business does not move very fast but steady and growth is happening across the voard

Pros

Business results

Cons

Speed of execution

Interpreter

Attend high level meetings with senior officers of the local Ministery of Environment including the Minister. Prepare a report of the meeting and translate it into English and Spanish, for both the company and the local government..

Pros

Well paid

Leuk en groot

Vopak is een groot en internationaal bedrijf waar je soms het gevoel hebt dat je met alles en iedereen rekening moet houden. Dit kan dus voor verwarring zorgen. Maar Vopak is ook een hele goede werkgever op het gebied van doorgroeimogelijkheden.

Pros

Doorgroeimogelijkheden

Cons

Communicatie

I enjoyed my employment there. I failed a urine test and I lost this job.

A typical day at Vopak was busy. Plenty of orders for loading and unloading product. I learned a great deal about safety and what it takes to stay productive. Management was decent. The managers had a lot to deal with, but I believe they did their best. One of the managers was a little skittish on giving very good evaluations. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with deadlines and timelines. The best part was the salary and knowing you are getting paid for your hard work.

Pros

Competitive salary, great benefits.

Cons

Long hours, though usually only 4 days at a time.

Excelente

Lo que me gusta es que saben exactamente lo que quieren y solo es necesario llevar el trabajo hasta el final.

Pros

Buena paga

Cons

Muy exigentes. Cliente dificil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vopak. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Vopak with

• Vopak
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?