Wärtsilä Corporation

Wärtsilä Corporation Employee Reviews

Singapore19 reviews

Fun working type, Monthly fruit day , football matches plan yearly

Fun working type, Monthly fruit day , football matches plan yearly.I am satisfied during working in Wartsila Singapore.All departments from technicians to managers need to wear one uniform globally same.

Pros

Taxi Fares after 9pm working.

Cons

Daily Coffee break if you are working in workshop

Productive good quality and best of manpower

Management and best regard to get back into our new life of manpower. So that we are going on with reference. Become more them of within my working experience.

We work as a team like family

I have idea only about wartsila Singapore only. actauly wartsila manage ment so far ok.Really i have learned many things from wartsila we worked maximum time on Fpso vessel.all job is not easy but can make it easier.i like to as team work.

Pros

Cons

Full time

Mundane

There are room for improvements as many a times when changes are made it always does not equate to productivity or yield the results wanted! Any introduction to new ways of working added unnecessary stress at times to the department concerned.

Wartsila

The company has a broad offering that covers the complete lifecycle of a vessel, from initial ship design to daily operating requirements, and which is backed by the most extensive global service network in the industry

Good

• Managing the sales of new-building installation, retrofit and spares & services of products offer within the business units O Covering countries within Asia Pacific including Australia and New Zealand • Interface with all Product Units and customers on all trading and aftersales’ Agreement • Formulating strategies to project as a “premium service provider” for customers within the Marine and Oil & Gas industries and develop a business plan, and establish yearly sales objectives to ensure consistent business growth • Key Negotiator or Capture Team leader in comprehensive Agreement deals / sales • Make the action plans and fulfil the tasks set in the Target & Action Plan

Management Cares what staff thinks!

Flexi hours, monthly lunches by company (Premium Bento sets with drinks and fruits) and company bonding events... are few of the perks from Wartsila after heeding staff feedback and implemented with time n adjustment. But heard due to no admin willing take over role... monthly lunches are later abolished.

Intern

Interesting lifestyle. Having been posted to 3 various workshops in the facility, taught me how many recondition works was carried out and many jobs is a team work effort.

Pros

Less pressurising lifestyle

Work life Balance, Low Salary Package

I am doing Job as a design Engineer, during my tenure in Wartsila i learnt software/Hardware Skills. I have learnt project management skill and now able to deliver project within deadline.

Pros

Good Management, Work Life balance

Cons

low salary Package

International dynamic company in a changing environment.

Wartsila is a dynamic company which is continuously under development by acquisitions and/or internal development. There is an open culture and people are challenged but also given the opportunity to further develop themselves.

Pros

Open international environment

Cons

"one size fits all" approach

Team Work, Diversity and Fun

I was working in this company as a contract/ part time and in these short period I have learn a lot from other colleagues. They really go all the way to teach you and yes it can be challenging too but you need to be patient and reserve if you want to learn something about the workflow. Be like a sponge and absorbed as much as you could. Don't be surprise after my contract has ended, I still keep in touch with some of them. One quote I bring with me till today, "Your workplace is your 2nd home and your colleagues are your families because you spend more time here than home." This message was told by one of my ex-colleague who also leaving. She said it was one of the message which was also told to her before his passing. Its true you spend most of your time in office, so why not create that comfort to office?

Working Enviroment

Good working environment. Provides training to jobs relevance Recreation such as family activity, seasonal fruits party & etc Healthy works competition among teams Incentive reward for innovation projects

Pros

A lot of welfare

Cons

A lot of work stress, but challenging

productive and construction

interesting with high technology ,most about the ship engine and replacement of the spare part, such as propeller and thrust , bearing all those engine parts

****

Wärtsilä is a total solution provider for the marine industry with the ability to integrate multiple technologies into one complete solution from initial design to complete service support over the whole lifecycle. Our focus is on innovative solutions covering dual-fuel technology, our capability in the gas value chain, total operational efficiency and worldwide environmental compliance.

Free and Easy

Free to run projects at own pace and open to contribution of ideas. Good place to explore to manufacturing and casting line.

Nice to wok and very near in Philippine

Meet and learn with other nationality for the commissioning team need to cooperate with each other for the safe of our work.

Pros

Near the Philippines

Cons

10 hours work

My company keep meeting to appreciate the hard workers.

I got more knowledge every days work. I learned more and more every day to make perfect my job. My superior was appreciated me many time. My co workers are very co operate with me. Some times I used to work after my duty hours in emergency cases.

I am learning Drafting and Design field

• Preparing the proposal drawings, Layout Drawings, P &ID & GA Drawing and Tubing Routing Diagram for Quotation • Checking the 3D Modeling and Drafting for Piping Layout Drawing, P &ID & GA Drawing, Tubing Routing ISO Drawing, Fabrications & Installation Drawing and standard Installation details of Hydraulic Valve Remote Control System • Drafting for 3D Piping Drawing, Notes and Legend drawing, Piping Layout Drawing, P &ID & GA Drawing, ISO Drawing, Fabrications & Installation Drawing and standard Installation details of Hydraulic Valve Remote Control System • Drafting for 3D Modeling for HPU, Solenoid Rack, Accumulator Rack, Solenoid Deck Box and I.S Barrier Panel for Hydraulic Valve Remote Control System by Using AutoCAD • Updating the revision drawing for the projects • Checking the whole inspection instrument drawing • Drafting for any other drawing for Hydraulic Valve Remote Control System • Amending for some drawings according to customer’s request • Office Paper Work by using Microsoft Office or Excel • Documentation and Assist to Project Manager • Preparing the Vendor Data Book & Submission to Authority • Taking care of responsibility and quick learning

Well organized in management

Co-Workers are friendly and helpful. Good management There is no hardest part of the job yet Learned about project management and solving high demand of customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wärtsilä Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Wärtsilä Corporation with

Wärtsilä Corporation Reviews by Location

• Wärtsilä Corporation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?