WarnerMedia

WarnerMedia Employee Reviews

My two teams were compensated well and Team Building Activities Outside the Office were a norm.

Continual Flux. Constantly Project Deviations per C-Level Management. Stressful at Times on myself and Teams. My time at TWC reinforced my position on Senior and C-Level Management Incompetency. Keeping projects on schedule and on budget was a challenge. Satisfaction from Management from 58 Divisions on Support.

Company that looks after you

I have worked at warner bros UK for nearly 8 years and despite a few ups and downs, the company really came through for the employees during lockdown with great communication and furlough payments. I have no immediate plans to move on as I feel supported.

Pros

Staff incentives, good communication

Cons

Pay due to living crisis

Never ending mergers and plenty of work. Technology is top notch.

It's not a bad place to work if you like to stay busy. Days, weeks and months go by quickly due to the amount of work. Stand your ground on your personal boundaries when it comes to needing your own downtime. I really like working with my own team, but I guess that varies from team to team. Benefits are average, not horrible. The 401k match is decent. I have no problems requesting time off. We're always merging and going through headcount reduction so this can be very stressful. I feel we use some of the best technology so that's where I get most of my joy working here.

Strong well-organized company

Warner Media is a well-organized and highly effective company that treats employees very well. It is a fast paced challenging environment where results are rewarded

Fun team and environment

Cool shows. Great team. Lots of opportunities to learn. Management can be helpful if you build relationships early on. Good company culture, although it’s changing some with the newest merger.

Don’t work here

They don’t take interest in developing talent especially the Albany,NY now Schenectady office. Certain managers are petty and vindictive . If they fire all the managers and start over it might be decent. I’m a manager and learned what not to do by working there

Fun workplace

Enjoyed my time here. I was challenged to grow and I learned a lot. My coworkers were encouraging as we were all working toward the same goal. Good entertainment experience.

Good company, but not the same as before

Was a great culture at Turner prior to the AT&T purchase, then went downhill and is only getting worse with the Discovery merger. No one is really sure what the company stands for, which is a shame when it was such a pioneer.

Good place

Excellent place to work. Friendly managers and coworkers. Decent pay and benefits. Can get a little busy but if you love Harry Potter it’s totally worth it.

Great WLB, but boring

The company now has unlimited PTO, which is great. You can also work remotely or have a hybrid work schedule, depending on the team you’re in. The only downside that I can think of is the possibility of being laid off, especially with all these mergers. Things don’t seem stable at times.

bad management

horrible management, annoying supervisors and coworkers, poor pay, no advancement. A typical day working security for this company is being talked down by a supervisor

Fun place to work in

you login and start your day, no supervisor is on your head or manager as long as you do your job.Execellent environement ., fun, and good salary overall

Pros

good salary

Cons

hard to get promoted

Expect to be laid off

Since 2016 the company has been laying people off and was just purchased by yet another company so there are sure to be more layoffs. The only people that get training here are the Executives, there is no job related training available. When I first started working there it was a wonderful place to work, but the culture quickly went downhill after 2016. All of the cuts made were to employee programs and perks.

Buen lugar para trabajar

Trabajar ahí está bien por un tiempo pero realmente no hay para donde subir, puesto que, los supervisores y administrativos llevan ya varios años ahí, el turno de la noche aunque es más relajado en volumen es más estresante en cuanto a la calidad en las llamadas.

Sales Associate job- good part time job with some setbacks and challenges and overall interesting and fun environment.

Overall it was a good part time job and I would recommend it as a seasonal job or temporary job but not long term. Long hours. Minimal opportunity for advancement. Plenty of interesting things to learn if you love film. Overall decent experience.

Good place. Many employees there for 10 years or more

Great place to work. If you have a good manager, you will enjoy it there and have a good chance of progression. With a bad manager you will experience the complete opposite.Can also be very corporate at times.

Pros

Great offices and friendly people

Cons

Uncertainty due to restructure

It is by far the worst job I have ever worked at

When I signed on with Warner Media I thought I was signing on for a technical job. System Administrator. This was not the case. This job is 95% not technical. The position is basically a high paid ticket jockey. Traffic director. It is very desctructive for a persons career. Warner Media highers high level engineers with a very strong technical backround to be traffic directors. I felt so lied to 3 months after being hired when I realized I was going to stuck at a dead end position that would actually decay my technical skills due to not using them at all on a day to day basis.

cool campus/people, but disconnected teams/management

PROS: The Atlanta campus is great. It feels like a small but nice college campus. The culture was good in general. The company is trying (for the most part) to stay modern in their technology which I appreciated.CONS: Teams and management seemed a little disconnected in places. The organization is a hodgepodge of older acquired brands and they're still trying to organize it all.

productive and fun with several outlets to relax and enjoy your shift.

I’ve never had a better place to work at. The company allows for growth and internal promotions. Most departments are culturally diverse and management doesn’t overstep their authority.

Great company to work for if your in the right department.

At face value is is one of the top media companies in the world. Depending on what department you work in. The Security department can be stressful, and very demanding. You are glued to the company cell phone, and dare you not miss a call or email. All in all there are other positions within the company where people seem to be very happy at work. But do not join the security department, unless you don’t want or have a normal life. More work, less pay. If your into journalism, or movies, then it’s the place for you.

Pros

3 weeks vacation

Cons

Don’t expect to have a personal life.

Toxic Workplace Culture

Toxic workplace culture, shady management, the typical terrible corporate world where you're in a room filled with entitlement. The need to make their workers feel appreciated and stop feeling out of touch.

Pros

Free lunch, decent pay

Cons

Micromanaging workers, unreliable HR, nepotism, bosses who don't care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WarnerMedia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare WarnerMedia with