Wartsila North America, Inc

Wartsila North America, Inc Employee Reviews

Singapore14 reviews
Flexi hours, monthly lunches by company (Premium Bento sets with drinks and fruits) and company bonding events... are few of the perks from Wartsila after heeding staff feedback and implemented with time n adjustment. But heard due to no admin willing take over role... monthly lunches are later abolished.
There are room for improvements as many a times when changes are made it always does not equate to productivity or yield the results wanted! Any introduction to new ways of working added unnecessary stress at times to the department concerned.
Interesting lifestyle. Having been posted to 3 various workshops in the facility, taught me how many recondition works was carried out and many jobs is a team work effort.
Pros
Less pressurising lifestyle
Cons
I am doing Job as a design Engineer, during my tenure in Wartsila i learnt software/Hardware Skills.
I have learnt project management skill and now able to deliver project within deadline.
Pros
Good Management, Work Life balance
Cons
low salary Package
Wartsila is a dynamic company which is continuously under development by acquisitions and/or internal development.
There is an open culture and people are challenged but also given the opportunity to further develop themselves.
Pros
Open international environment
Cons
"one size fits all" approach
I was working in this company as a contract/ part time and in these short period I have learn a lot from other colleagues. They really go all the way to teach you and yes it can be challenging too but you need to be patient and reserve if you want to learn something about the workflow. Be like a sponge and absorbed as much as you could. Don't be surprise after my contract has ended, I still keep in touch with some of them.

One quote I bring with me till today, "Your workplace is your 2nd home and your colleagues are your families because you spend more time here than home." This message was told by one of my ex-colleague who also leaving. She said it was one of the message which was also told to her before his passing. Its true you spend most of your time in office, so why not create that comfort to office?
Good working environment.
Provides training to jobs relevance

Recreation such as family activity, seasonal fruits party & etc

Healthy works competition among teams

Incentive reward for innovation projects
Pros
A lot of welfare
Cons
A lot of work stress, but challenging
interesting with high technology ,most about the ship engine and replacement of the spare part, such as propeller and thrust , bearing all those engine parts
Wärtsilä is a total solution provider for the marine industry with the ability to integrate multiple technologies into one complete solution from initial design to complete service support over the whole lifecycle. Our focus is on innovative solutions covering dual-fuel technology, our capability in the gas value chain, total operational efficiency and worldwide environmental compliance.
Free to run projects at own pace and open to contribution of ideas. Good place to explore to manufacturing and casting line.
Meet and learn with other nationality for the commissioning team
need to cooperate with each other for the safe of our work.
Pros
Near the Philippines
Cons
10 hours work
I got more knowledge every days work. I learned more and more every day to make perfect my job. My superior was appreciated me many time. My co workers are very co operate with me. Some times I used to work after my duty hours in emergency cases.
• Preparing the proposal drawings, Layout Drawings, P &ID & GA Drawing and Tubing Routing Diagram for Quotation
• Checking the 3D Modeling and Drafting for Piping Layout Drawing, P &ID & GA Drawing, Tubing Routing ISO Drawing, Fabrications & Installation Drawing and standard Installation details of Hydraulic Valve Remote Control System

• Drafting for 3D Piping Drawing, Notes and Legend drawing, Piping Layout Drawing,

P &ID & GA Drawing, ISO Drawing, Fabrications & Installation Drawing and standard Installation details of Hydraulic Valve Remote Control System

• Drafting for 3D Modeling for HPU, Solenoid Rack, Accumulator Rack, Solenoid Deck Box and I.S Barrier Panel for Hydraulic Valve Remote Control System by Using AutoCAD

• Updating the revision drawing for the projects

• Checking the whole inspection instrument drawing

• Drafting for any other drawing for Hydraulic Valve Remote Control System

• Amending for some drawings according to customer’s request

• Office Paper Work by using Microsoft Office or Excel

• Documentation and Assist to Project Manager

• Preparing the Vendor Data Book & Submission to Authority

• Taking care of responsibility and quick learning
Co-Workers are friendly and helpful.
Good management

There is no hardest part of the job yet

Learned about project management and solving high demand of customers.