Watson's Personal Care Stores Pte Ltd

Watson's Personal Care Stores Pte Ltd Employee Reviews

Singapore37 reviews

tiring but fun with the right people

if you are new, it can be challenging and fast-paced. when it was my first day there, i started with learning about the place and learning how to use the point of sales system and serving customers right away. it was definitely overwhelming for me as i am an introvert and as it was around lunch hour, it was getting crowded. it was definitely hard for me to get adjusted to the new environment but as weeks go by, i am more familiar to the store and has clicked with the people i worked with. even though they are my manager and supervisor, they still treat me like normal friend or even like their ‘daughter’ and that’s something i appreciate a lot as i don’t feel any hierarchy culture being put on in this place.

Pros

small store, less customer more chill

Cons

long hours, rotating shifts

Stressful and no work life balance

Long working hour. Fast Pace and Heavy work load. No work life balance. Not much staff benefits. No OT Pay.Slow Career Advancement. No AWS.Very stressful Work Environment

Pros

Staff Discount

Cons

Long working hour

Watson's Personal Care Stores Pte Ltd insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Fun and Amazing

Watons is my third job and I have been working for about 10 years. I am happy to work here. My colleagues and supervisors are very supportive all these while.

Pros

Nice working environment with supportive supervisor and colleagues.

Cons

Work-life balance gets disturbed depending upon the nature of work

Systematic and organised

Typical day is prepare the trolley with wooden boxes dividers, collect from printer customer orders and picking items from warehouse shelving unitsLearned to work cooperatively with colleaguesHardest part of the job is reaching the high shelves

Pros

Canteen nearby

Cons

Difficult to reach high shelves

Long hours and ever changing promtions

Secure company and job stability.Lots of macro management of staff and constant promotional changes each weekLot of foreigner and elderly staff promoterstoo much job rotations between stores which is disorientating. fun aspects and nice colleagues

not worth it

part timers and full timers no worklife balance, pay also cmi . bad management. cmi co-workers. All stressed out with their own jobs to the point everyone is very unfriendly.

Pros

no pros

Cons

1 day off, sometimes needs to work 9 days straight in 2 weeks. Pay cmi. Everything is just cmi

Fun workplace

You can learn a lot in retail from watsons. Although u can be stress sometime because alot of stock coming everyday but its worth at least u get alot of experience.

Pros

Fun workplace

Cons

Low pay for the salary

Fun working place

Have been working for a few years and I have enjoyed myself. My colleagues are nice to me. The company is caring and the staff benefits offered are great.

Pros

good colleauges

Cons

busy at time during promotion period

Productive and fun workplace

My colleagues are nice and kind. Always willing to help at all times. We work together as a team. The Company has provided various training for the employees.

Pros

Good staff benefits and welfare

Cons

not at this moment

A great place

I love to work in Watsons. My colleagues are just like my friends. We help each other at work. My manager treats me well and respects me even though I am just a junior staff.

Pros

Good salary and benefits

Cons

sometimes will face difficult customers

I have very nice colleagues to work with. They took good care of me. I am sad that I have to leave them due to my study. I hope to rejoin Watsons when I graduate later of the year.

Pros

Nice people in the store that I work in

Will give a LIKE to this Company

From the first day I have been enjoying myself in this Hong Kong Company. The people are nice and the management has treated everyone fairly. Good learning and career progress.

Pros

Good colleagues and management team

A big MNC Company

It is great to work in Watsons Singapore. Nice working colleagues and great bosses. The senior management team is always very supportive of their people.

Pros

Pleasant working environment and nice working colleagues and bosses

Cons

fast-paced

Good Company to start your career

the management has done a lot for the employees especially during covid-19. No one was being retrenched instead we all get our annual increment. Thanky you Watsons for treating us so well.

Pros

Good colleagues and working environment

Cons

Nil

Workplace culture

Learn more and gain more experience. Learn how to serve customer well. Training provided. Learn about product knowlegde, replenish stock and greet welxome customer

Fast pace

Fast paced work environment but challenging & fun with very friendly colleagues. High energy team that drove excitement for customers. Be ready for last minute changes to meet market changing conditions.

Productive and fun workplace

Stock up shelves, clear inventory (year end), expiry checks, ordering new items and promote store events. Everyone there was really friendly and guided me along tremendously for my first week.

Too much stocks,promotion change and very slow progressions apportunity due to changed of managements/transfer

Too much stocks with low manpower. Tiring and changed of promo cycle happens too frequently. Difficult to get AL due to lack of manpower. Always got to stay late n hardly gets OT.

Too much stocks w too little manpower.

Its fun working environment, work w awesome friends but dislike the inter store transfer which happened to me a few times. ( slows down the opportunity of promotion) Also,i have to blend myself in that 'new' store ambience n new people. Not easy.

Productive and fun

The job require the great customer service and management service. The job scope require multi task. Basically need to understand and how the store work because you need to know and help.

Overall

It's a great place to work but just too tiring in department line sometimes it felt like your workin in warehouse instead.and too much promotion change

Good

Bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Watson's Personal Care Stores Pte Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Watson's Personal Care Stores Pte Ltd with