Western Union

Western Union Employee Reviews

Singapore12 reviews
long working hours in western union. Mainly remittence service available in western union.The management is very good.I was able to serve all customers alike.we need to keep all the terms and conditions in workplace.Some customers are angry and talkative, but I do it with pleasure because my job is to serve them.very difficult Some customers have been very kind. One of the most scary things is to manage money. My strength was my colleagues. They always supported to me.
March 23, 2020
Thank you for leaving a review of your experience working at Western Union! We are happy to see that you listed management as a pro and that you enjoy serving our customers. At Western Union, we strive to create an environment where employees feel fulfilled and supported in the work they do. We take employee feedback to heart and we will share reviews like yours to the appropriate teams moving forward.
So far i am really enjoy working with western union and learning new things day by day, working culture is really different and have more things to do .
June 29, 2020
#WUWOOT! We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying our work environment and are learning new things. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, and we're glad to have you on the team!
The Hiring manager shortlist your resume and sends you email to get more details. Upon seeing salary expectation they reply this is their budget and then you need to call and beg for an update. An email will come asking if you are comfortable at particular outlet and when you reply yes, they will say you didnt get a job because you didnt pass a phone interview - that never happened.
If you do want to offer the role, go learn from the industry experts how to turn down candidates respectfully. Stop lying and giving excuses for your incompetent HR managers.
January 9, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our interview process and that it caused you more stress. We take all feedback to heart and will share this with the appropriate talent acquistion teams in order to improve our interview process and overall candidate experience. - Simon Hunter, Sr. Manager APAC Talent Acquisition
Meeting different types of people all over places with their different point of views. Good and systematic way of conducting work inside the outlet. Nice colleagues and got the chance to meet new friends in different countries.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Politics is king here. The management doesn't value how long you've contributed to the company. They simply play their game and never consider human element in the company.
November 30, 2018
We are disappointed to hear this. At WU, we care deeply about our employees. Our doors are always open to discuss feedback internally, about perceived politics, how contributions are valued here, etc. If you'd like to share more information confidentially with us, please email us at careers@westernunion.com.
Pros
Good Place to work

Decent Medical coverage

Good colleagues and managers

Cons

Too many people at the top

Flat structure with limited opportunity for growth.
I had gained much; organising, leadership, initiative, resilience, team-working, collaboration, through the many projects that I was put as a Finance stakeholder.
Pros
work life balance in the local office
Cons
not easy to get gaps resolved because of a slack in resources & buy-in from peers.
Western Union has been around for the last 160 over years in the business of money transfer. Within the corporate arm, we constantly run hard for numbers and are aptly rewarded for it. In terms of work life balance, it is an organisation that allows pro family stance. Well recommended.
Major task of the day will be to look for new customers for the company to bring in revenue. Direct manager and mentor are helpful and motivating. Likewise, my colleagues are friendly and helpful. However, the organisation is under going come major changes and the direction isnt clear at the moment. The hardest part is the time spent on forecasting for sales to the exact number every week. The most enjoyable part is adrenaline rush and feel-good moment when bringing in big deal/customer. Looking forward to more!
I was responsible for receiving and paying out money and keeping records of financial transactions.
*Being honest and trustworthy.

*Having good communication skills.

* Being adaptable and flexible.

*Having problem solving skills.

* Being able to work under pressure.
Western Union is a very good Job work Company.this management is very good.Good job Security
Cons
-Striving for meeting KPIs.
-Learning to be entrepreneur and self -starter.

-Nice and cooperativ