Wildlife Reserves Singapore

Wildlife Reserves Singapore Employee Reviews

Singapore27 reviews

Fun workplace

A typical day at work consists of interacting with guests and helping them find their way around the park or any other queries. I have learnt to be more outspoken and have definitely improved my communication skills working as a Guest Relations Officer under Wildlife Reserves Singapore. The colleagues make the working experience enjoyable especially on slow days where not many guests visit the park. However, it may get overwhelming on peak periods and public holidays where sometimes there would be manpower shortage. It might take some time getting used to long-standing hours too. The challenging part of the job has definitely got to be handling 'tough' guests where they may not understand some rules and regulations of the boat rides and language barriers with tourists who do not speak English. In all, it is an enriching first part-time job experience for those who are interested in guest relations or the tourism industry.

Pros

Complimentary entry to all parks, discount for retail and fnb products

enriching

it is enriching, although time-consuming and tiring. There is a lot to learn about the wildlife in singapore and that of the world as well. It is really very interactive.

Pros

free lunches

Fun workplace

Was there as an intern. Fun if you love animals. Tiring but great experience nonetheless. Learnt a lot of life skills. Need to be brave and responsible at times.

Fast pace

As my position is a call centre officer, I deal with daily enquiries and questions as well as customer complaints and praises. I reply promptly to emails as well to provide the best assistance I could to guests.

Culture of negativity still exist in workplace, need a lot of improvement in terms of positive thinking individuals and solid leaders.

Anyone who has the chance to try should definitely try it and experience it for themselves. It is a very good environment to work in but definitely needs to manage your expectations. Healthy,( physically )and active environment to work in

Good

Routine work on animal care. Good place for wildlife knowledge. Flexible working hours and benefits. Working as a team. Good keeper welfare. Lots of knowledge and courses

fun workplace

It's a standard tourist attraction where many foreigners come back to see the animals , knowing that i'm only able to speak in English and malay , i manage to pick up a few chinese words along the way . i enjoyed working there because you don' t only have company from your colleagues but also the animals that you could look at while working your shift .

Fun Workplace

As a tram captain, our job is mainly drive along a designated route at a cruising speed. We do more than just driving. We also ensure safety of the guests on board. Lastly, we ensure guests board the tram and queue in an orderly fashion.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Exposed to the sun

Good working environment with helpful colleagues

To work and understand the wildlife conservation and to be eco-friendly. Good interaction with personnel who work closely with captive animals in the Zoo.

Good for the animals and the money. Not good for your sanity.

Terrible management. Top down in every aspect and buries bad deeds by management onto staff. Terrible work hours and rude bosses. Upper management tends to puts staff against staff politically and are very unhelpful.

Super Fun!

Amazing place to work, lots of fun and knowledge, get to learn more about nature and animal behaviour at the same time manage to hone my skills to be a better person as an individual and character.

Pros

knowledge and skills

Cons

salary too little

wonderful place to work at

An enjoyable experience working here and its not exactly your daily job because you will be working with animals as well. You will be able to gain confidence as you will have to perform in front of a large group/ audience.

Pros

lunch are provided

Cons

inconsistent off days

ok

team member will not only bring me work satisfaction, but will make me a valuable teammate as well. A place where you can work in peace and i have to type to fill up the number

Nice workplace to work in

Nice colleagues to work with. I'm able to work in a good environment. Everything is provided there I can make new friends over there too. Im glad that I got the job

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Long standing hours

Great colleagues

They have great colleagues and managers that help you to grow in the company. The good part The retail department normally does basic cashiering stock management. Those skills will be taught by the supervisors. They will ensure that you are familiar with everything before throwing you to work alone. Also, you will have fun colleagues to work with. The Bad part Understaffed. During holidays, they are often understaffed and it can get tough.

Bad management and culture

learned a lot from this place and learned a lot from the animals. staff are over worked, not appreciated and only those who say yes to everything are recognise. Staff welfare is very poor and environment can be quite discriminating. however not everyone is like that. Those who are willing to teach and are genuinely there for the animals are those hidden behind close door but when you meet them, your entire world will change when you hear what true passion is all about.

Pros

meals are provided

Cons

over worked, not appreciated, poor management

Interesting and fun

The working environment is fun, being with people who are happy and in turn, helps you create a positive environment for the guests as well. Being a big corporation, the management does little to protect and understand the ground staff but the environment makes up for it. Dealing with the different types of guests every day also helps us understand service better and to maintain a professional outlook when helping others.

Pros

Free lunches, great and friendly colleagues

Cons

Unhelpful management

Fun workplace!

Food preparation for fishes and aquatic mammals, feeding aquatics animals and cleaning tanks and system. Great colleagues and management guiding and helping you.

Pros

Inclusive lunch

Fun workplace

Awesome place to work there as a part timer. Meeting people from all over the world Upfront and close experience with animals. Always learning new things / info about animals and the organisation.

Good Enviroment

Fun working environment. Additional perks if you love animals. Job scope allows you to reach your highest potential level. Free lunches and many office bonding events.

Pros

Good work culture

Cons

Fast paced environment

A highly political and top-down authoritarian mgmt style

A company that always implement cost-cutting measures that affect the morale and productivity of the operational staff. The mgmt are also not interested in the opinions and suggestions of the operational staff for work-related improvements. Any suggestions that require money are immediately rejected even though it might save more costs in the long run.

Pros

Free lunches. Good medical benefits.

Cons

Top-down authoritarian mgmt style.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wildlife Reserves Singapore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Wildlife Reserves Singapore Reviews by Location

• Wildlife Reserves Singapore
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?