Wiley

Wiley Employee Reviews

I like Wiley's culture and how people are generally supportive of each other. However, career progression is limited and slow. Also,the company is constantly restructuring so job stability is not certain.
Pros
Benefits, colleagues
Cons
Workload can be overwhelming at times
Supervisors and colleagues were very nice and helpful. They gave me a lot of guidance and flexibility in my works. They treat interns with respect and value our contribution.
Great bosses and colleagues. First class training and induction for new hires. Able to advance quickly unto the next level and recognized for hard work.
It's a company with 210 years of history and a very homely and comfortable place to work in. The colleague are great and the office environment is good.
Wiley offers a good working culture with opportunities for advancement. There is work life balance and good welfare for employees.
The working culture was good whereby the employees worked as a team and were helping each other. I had a good relation with my colleagues and understanding boss. The company was very generous to the employees. We had many activity like movie,diner, family day and trips. The motto of the company is "human first profession second".
Pros
Good working environment and benefits
Cons
no career advancement
John Wiley & Sons is a company that cares for its clients and its employees. The company promotes team work as well as work-life balance. It's a great company to work for.
John Wiley & Sons, Inc., also referred to as Wiley, is a global publishing company that specializes in academic publishing and markets its products to professionals and consumers, students and instructors in higher education, and researchers and practitioners in scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly fields. I learnt how book is published from scratch, the importance of licensing sales and meeting and working with people from different countries and cultures. Wiley is an MNC with different offices around the world.
Pros
Good co-workers and some good leaders
Cons
Distance from home to office
Wiley is not what I thought it would be. A typical day at work involves staring at the computer screen and doing quality checks on articles. Not exactly my idea of a career because I cannot challenge myself or learn anything new. The only form of interaction is through e-mail. Definitely not my cup of tea. The most enjoyable part of this job is probably 5.30pm on Fridays.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Not challenging
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wiley?
A typical day at work would start with checking mails and schedules in order to keep track of incoming and outgoing orders and delivery status report and following up of pending orders. In this line of work, I have learned the importance of working systematically so as to keep up with the demand in the required job. The management and the company itself is open to any inquiries and transparent. Co workers are friendly and open to questions as well and willing to share ideas in order to increase productivity. Generally, there are no easy and simple job, what makes a job hard is that when you're not having fun and if you don't like what you're doing, then it makes the job a lot harder to do, but if a person loves his/her job and he/she is having fun doing it, it make the job easier and enjoyable.
Pros
free cofee, water and chocolate and free internet
Cons
sometimes the work area is too quiet