Xpanxion, LLC

Xpanxion, LLC Employee Reviews

Co workers support each other

Manager and leads not on same page constant updates and not very good pay they give in to the ones who constantly have poor work ethic and no praise to those who do the job in a timely manner

Really dependent on what contract you work for

Xpanxion is a contracting company, and therefore, you will work as a contractor. Work is really varied depending on where you land, or what account you work for. Because of this structure, there's many layers to management at times that it can be quite confusing.

This company is like a huge ship with no one at the helm. Everything is such a hot mess. I really don't understand how they stay in business

Not a good learning environment. Most of the team leads have no experience and the managers that represent the 'overhead' company are always absent. There is a huge language barrier problem because you need to call out of the country to contact IT with computer/program issues. The whole set-up is troubled and no one takes any responsibility for the issues that are constant. Trainees regularly start training without credentials or equipment needed to follow along and do their self-study portion of training (it often takes weeks to get credentials and computer equipment to the trainees - and then you realize that the charging battery does not fit the computer - or the cable that goes between the monitor and the computer is not correct). It is just a terrible experience.

Pros

They pay while you sit.... unable to gain access to your computer, or while systems are not working.

Cons

Very disorganized, chaotic and just riddled with issues relating to equipment, programs, training, etc.

Craziness and unprofessional

I began my job there with leadership. We reviewed my role with an overview of what the job was and basically reread the job posting. From that point it was if you have any questions just ask. No other turn over, hand over, or anything. I had to figure out everything and bother people for process information and who to contact. It was the worst onboarding I have ever seen.

Pros

None so far

Cons

No communication, very little process documentation, sales staff promises to customers that they can not deliver at all

Productive fun place to work. I needed more training and didn’t realize I could ask for it in the early weeks of employment.

Supervisor, support staff and HR are wonderful. Co-workers are the best. The lay out of the company and it’s physical building was good. I miss working there.Ask for training one on one early and as often as you need it. With specific goals in mind.

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Training was too generic

Fun and exciting career!

I really love working for Xpanxion. The work environment is wonderful and it is a job I look forward to everyday. The management is great. I feel very valued and appreciated as an employee. They have a very high level of care and concern for not only customers but employees as well. They are always looking for ways to help us in our career goals.

Pros

Work remotely

Cons

N/a

Good co-workers. Work could be good, bad or gone depending on the client.

When I started I was hoping to have a job where I could stay indefinitely. Xpanxion contracted me to another company doing work that wasn't a good fit for my skills (and was different from what I was told it would be), and when I asked to be moved they didn't have another client for me to go to. I stuck with it, then later was assigned to a different team (same client company) for a short-term project. Xpanxion let me go not long after that finished.I think that like a lot of contracting companies, everything depends on the client you get matched with.

Pros

Free beer on Friday afternoon. Good people to work with.

Cons

Insecurity about the length of a placement, or getting another placement

Great company culture

Great opportunities to move up and always something new to work on. Sometimes the management could overwhelm you with additional work if you let them but were always quick to try and step in themselves if needed.

challenging restructure

Workplace was a great endeavor in the beginning. Constant re-orgs and turn over with management made challenging for future growth. Great experience in the software field and understanding how the staffing model works. Was under the impression big investments where being made in new technologies.

Productive and fun workspace with a Ping Pong table

You will be in a local office working remotely with clients. You are expected to work in the office but they are pretty flexible about working from home on occasion. (The cable guy is coming this afternoon). Fun people, focused on productivity. They have a network of small offices loaded with talented people. Got a question? The answer is just a phone call (or IM) away.

Pros

Great people, free lunches

Cons

You will be working in a team distributed accross offices & time zones.

Xpanxion is changing

Xpanxion has a great job culture and is up to date with work place trends. There are several breaks through the day and the atmosphere is relaxed. The benefits are excellent. Xpanxion has been taken in by UST. The practices have changed and the stress levels are increasing. Employees are being released without good reason. This is mostly older employees, some having been in their positions long term. Xpanxion is a good place to start and learn your skills, but not the best for long term employment.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Lack of communication

Typical contracting company

Typical contracting company. You are there for staff augmentation. If the contract runs out, you'll probably be gone. Management didn't seem to really know what they were doing. Very little communication.

Cons

Mgmt

Offshore Workers

Xpanxion specializes in integrating offshore technical teams into U.S.-based workplaces. Employment is as steady as the client base. There is a strong emphasis on client sales.

Pros

Lots of variety

Cons

Pressure to sell Xpanxion's services to clients

You better code in Java

I fulfilled the national-level client fir 4.5 years. They lost the contract to another consultanting company (not necessarily Xpanxion's fault). They didn't have another client to make use of my skills. Sure, I got training in Java and Java-related tools, but never got a chance to apply them. I heard you must now know Java in order to work in Xpanxion.

Pros

Worked for the same client for 4.5 years.

Cons

Must know Java.

Great Place to work

They are completely employee focus ... -If you are hard work and focus, there's not a better place to work ... mostly, self managing ... so make sure you are conscientious.

Pros

Employee events

Cons

Location ... I prefer downtown Fort Collins

Great company with a ton of collaboration and growth

I love the collaborative culture here at XPX. The company has grown tremendously, however they still have that fun start-up feel to them. Its a great place to work if you want to join a first company and kick off a career, as well as to join if you are an expert in your field. They work with a lot of large well-known companies as clients, and you have the chance to really gain some excellent experience and broad skills and expertise that you just cant gain a lot of other places. The culture is work hard with the play hard and have fun aspect added. They do a lot of fun things for employees and team builders to keep everyone connected and engaged.

Pros

Flexibility, Growth, Happy hours, Team builder's, Gaming, collaboration

It is good company

It is good company related to work but work depends on projects not all projects are same so work environment differ from project to project because company cannot control client site .

Great company!

Great company, Nice environment, cool people. I was on full-time at xpanxion and enjoyed my time as an employee. Great that they have a bench when a contract expires. The bonus structure could be better

Pros

Bench, Quarterly Bonus, Holiday Bonus

Cons

Poor bonus structure, New DevOps Practice

Xpanxion is a wonderful company that is growing quickly.

Xpanxion is an excellent place to work. We are encouraged to develop new processes to expedite procedures with little supervision. Employees are respectful of each other and appreciative. There are frequent bonding potlucks and team lunches. The hardest part of the job is being the point of contact 24/7 for the Travelers - often working closer to 50 hours. I have great satisfaction from helping others and achieving goals. I've earned consistent good raises in salary over 4 years and companywide bonuses. My position will be eliminated and merged directly into our parent company, UST Global in California. I love Xpanxion and shall miss everyone.

Pros

Excellent Benefits

Independent work environment, enpowered, beautiful offices

Freedom to create working systems to accommodate demands of the position. Freedom to manage completely the position.

Fun workplace

lots of valuable experience and work to be handled every day keeps most interns busy. Friendly environment and lively work place to come to every day and relaxing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xpanxion, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Xpanxion, LLC