How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

YMCA Employee Reviews

Singapore17 reviews
My work involved answering incoming calls and transferring all calls to the prospective department.
Assist Front Office in reservation administration work
Pros
free meal
Cons
sometimes have to do overtime or cover shift
Management must be more sensitive to the mentor's welfare.

Must give more benefits like 13th month pay and other bonus to mentors.

Must give more holidays for mentors fo take a rest also.
I'm happy that I have supportive colleagues. the work itself is very stressful. One of the things I admire about my work is our ability to manage a team remotely.
Very nice place to work. Nice colleagues. Got very good experience at YMCA. Continuous learning at the workplace and good growth for an individual at YMCA.
There was a slight change of Management in late 2016. It became a harder for me to seek help from the Head of SCC as priority will be given to staff that are close to her.

Poor communication from the Head of SCC.

Ratings for my Appraisal is unjustifiable. Management will blame you for everything with no proper guidance. Alot of pushing blame game.

Loads of bias treatment.
Pros
Working hours is good
Cons
Low pay, no room for growth and promotion
Working enviroment is fine n colleugues are good. But due to poor management from principal and CM is hard to work with , so this sch not worth to try.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Flavourism
Fun and encouragement workplace. Staff and management work together as a team. Enjoy organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling and field trips.
Pros
Near to home
Cons
Resources limited
Culture here is friendly
Top management is humble and willing coach

Flexi working hours to promote work life balance

How to better manage my time and be patient
Pros
Flexi working hours
Cons
nil
Salary is low. Benefits are quite moderate and standard. Supervisor has alright management skills. But have to face pressure from students, parents and school leaders.
Teaching the children to learn through play has made my days younger and grew more patience. What i enjoyed most is tying the girls' hair and dramatizing during storytelling to them which the children enjoy very much. Whenever i am with the kids, i feel younger and more energetic. There are days when the kids are more rowdy and it take more efforts to calm them down.
Pros
Free meals, Bonus, regconition
Cons
Distance to work
Mgmt is helpful to assist staff at workplace when they face difficulties.
Workplace culture is co-operative. Hardest part of job is sometimes difficult students and too many school activities instead of more focus on exam.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Prospects for job enrichment lesser
A good environment to work and grow in. Flexible manager, allowing space to work and grow at own pace. Good exposure to volunteer management and overseas community development.
I was a senior teacher and have worked there for the past 8 years

The school was fun to work.

The hardest part of the job was as a senior teacher I was assisgned to undertake a lot of responsibility. And eventually, my work was unappreciated.

The most enjoyable part of the job, I loved the teachers and children in the center.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The workplace culture is such that a group of teachers of 6 were in a team to take care of 90 something children in a care centre located in a Primary School. It was easy to work with the teacher and children as all were friendly and nice to work with.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The payout is too litlle
It was a enviroment that enables me to reach out to children who need nuture, love, care and attention. It help me to reorganise my life and up grade my personality as a humane being.
I love working at YMCA. It helps me to learn new things as a and enhance my professional growth as a teacher. They provide trainings and seminars as well!
Pros
Free lunch
Everyday is normal working day there I would say. So far I've learned how to do financial reports for students care centres and child care centres, namely AR. Also keying petty cash entries into IQ DYNAMICS system, doing monthly GIRO Reports and sending the bank for student's monthly school fee deduction.

My co-workers are the best part of my working life there, as they are very friendly, jovial and fun to work with.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Limited benefits granted to the staffs