Accessibility at Indeed
Accessibility at Indeed
We help all people get jobs.
Indeed believes in the power of human potential and strives to remove barriers that get in the way of people getting jobs. This is the basis of our commitment to creating an accessible experience for all people who use our website. To achieve this we are in a continual state of education, evaluation, and evolving our processes and offerings to be more inclusive. With our combination of subject matter experts and employees who are willing to share their lived experiences, we move forward with empathy, an appreciation of the intersectionality experienced, and the desire to improve lives.
Indeed is committed to helping all people find jobs, and accessibility is an essential component of our mission.
More Than a Checklist
Indeed follows the internationally accepted Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defined requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. Digital inclusion is part of our larger Environmental, Social, and Governance strategy and we are guided by WCAG 2.1, Level AA in our efforts to design and develop accessible offerings. Since we refer to a WCAG 2.1, AA standard, our offerings continually strive to meet the needs of all people as defined by the ADA and Section 508.
That said, our team at Indeed recognizes that inclusive experiences cannot be defined by a checklist alone. We aim to do more. Indeed takes the following measures to enhance accessibility in our workplaces and products:
- Consider accessibility and disabled user stories throughout our internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our teams throughout the organization.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities for each team as opportunities for improvement arise.
- Drive disability awareness and pride throughout our organization.
Indeed recognizes that each user is unique and, for those that use assistive technologies when using our website, we recognize their combined tool selection may be unique as well. Indeed has identified the following browser/screen reader combinations to support:
- For Windows: JAWS with Chrome, NVDA with Chrome.
- For Mac: VoiceOver with Safari.
- For iOS: VoiceOver with Safari.
- For Android: Talkback with Chrome.
This short list is limited and cannot take into account all technologies out there. To help better our offerings we also test our products and services with a wide variety of browser and keyboard settings, as well as manual review.
At Our Hosted Events
Indeed prioritizes a positive experience for everyone who chooses to participate in our hosted events. We strive to be inclusive, which means we are also committed to accessibility.
Indeed’s hosted events are committed to:
- Provide an accessible event website, guided by WCAG 2.1 AA standards.
- Provide machine captioning and/or automated live transcriptions for online presentations.
- Indeed will seek assurances that buildings where we host in-person events meet local governmental regulations for accessible design.
- Providing water bowls and relief areas for service animals at in-person events.
- Providing extended time between sessions at in-person events to allow attendees to move from one room to another.
- For in-person events with an anticipated duration of greater than 4 hours, we will provide at least one reduced sensory room for attendees or speakers who may need a break from stimulation. This will be a quiet space; phone calls and meetings will be prohibited in this room.
- Selecting after-hour activities at in-person events that include inclusive opportunities.
- Providing hallway seating for long hallways at in-person events for those who may need to stop between sessions.
- Providing an at-event point-of-contact for questions or additional services if available.
With considered notice, our team will make every effort to attain the following services.
- Sign language interpreters.
- Speech-to-text app or device.
- Braille or braille-friendly digital versions of conference materials provided by Indeed (as appropriate).
- Other services.
While we cannot account for every user’s needs with the list above, other services may be available upon request. Our team is committed to a positive and inclusive experience of each attendee and we will make every effort to meet needs that are brought to our attention.
Requesting Accessibility Services for Indeed Hosted Events
We want to make your participation in our events a possible experience. If you request accessibility services, please be sure to indicate:
- The type of service requested.
- The duration requested for (for a multi-day event).
- Any specifics we should be aware of when meeting this need.
- A possible alternative should the specific request be unavailable for any reason.
Your Perspective Matters
Our goals can only be improved by your feedback on the accessibility of Indeed. Please let us know about your experience on Indeed, especially if you encountered accessibility barriers.